“How am I supposed to solve a problem if I don’t know it exists?”
This is the source of most BDC failure: You don’t know what the real problems are.
It’s so much easier to blame it on sales staff that under perform, pressure from upstairs or any number of factors. The things that make any BDC great can also turn against you and kill your progress.
How do I know? I see it on a regular basis. Our team has encountered:
- Sales department power dynamics managers aren’t aware of.
- Cooked numbers that only contribute to the failure of the team.
- Inconsistent or poorly managed customer communications.
- Lack of incentivizing hard-working staff – meaning, they’re paid and treated the same way as reps who aren’t rock stars, which kills morale
- No accountability for metrics OR misusing a CRM sales reps haven’t been adequately trained to handle.
A little training goes a long way.
Rather than assigning fault and replacing staff, it’s important to figure out the source of the problem. What causes miscommunications, lack of training and lack of incentive programs in the first place? If your sales managers and reps had these things, would they be killing it?
Would they?IF YOU DON’T KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION, LET US ANSWER IT FOR YOU.
For the first time in the history of ADS, we’re offering a free BDC consult. We’re ready to listen to what your problems are, talk about solutions and give you some hard-hitting ways to induce quality into your BDC program. Without the intelligence you need, you’d better be ready to sink rather than swim. Fortunately, you don’t have to sink.