Most people thrive on ‘new.’ In a personal way, ‘new’ could be about a car, a gadget, or a restaurant.
In marketing, new is always about innovation. My customer never calls and asks for the ‘same old, same old’ campaign as last month. Instead, they ask about what new thing we can come up with for their marketing campaign. They ask about a ‘new’ idea, a ‘better’ strategy, or they say “Give me your best idea”, or “I need numbers and ideas.” It is always around ideas that more cars can be sold, and a strategy that can keep a business ahead of its competitors.
Innovation is the lifeblood of your business.
I know it may not seem like it, but innovation is the lifeblood of your business. It doesn’t matter how old-school you are, how things have been done in the past, or how you feel things should be done. The world has changed and is changing rapidly more every day.
When you embrace change you begin to think differently. Ideas, brainstorming and innovation don’t panic you, they enlighten you. In fact you begin seeing the world differently. If this is where you are, awesome. If not, it’s time to make a change.
Following are five simple ideas to embrace innovation and create effective marketing for your dealership:
- Know what you believe about your dealership. Remember, belief does not come from your head, belief comes from your heart. Start there. Do you believe your customer is better off having purchased from you? If so, how? Your ability to prove that value to your customer or differentiate yourself from your competitor will lead to more sales and a fatter wallet.
- Establish a foothold in your target market. Before you can do that you have to determine if your market is local, regional, or national. Once you determine your market, learn everything you can about that market. At ADS we will help you with this.
- Hire the best talent that will help you with #4 and #5.
- Build your brand message with relentless consistency. This is hard work that requires a well thought out plan. This is something we help you do at ADS.
- Keep it simple and stick to the plan. Now that you’ve determined what it is you really believe, you know the market that needs what you offer, and you believe in the strategy for getting your message to that market, stick to the plan. This is how you win. This is how you sell more cars!