You likely have heard in one way or another about The Avengers, or Toy Story, maybe Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or The Cabin in the Woods, but you probably haven’t heard about Joss Whedon. Joss is the screenwriter for those blockbuster movies. When speaking about passion, Joss provides us with a glimpse to have an understanding about it:
Passion, it lies in all of us, sleeping… waiting… and though unwanted… unbidden… it will stir… open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us… guides us… passion rules us all, and we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love… the clarity of hatred… and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we’d know some kind of peace… but we would be hollow… empty rooms shuttered and dank. Without passion we’d be truly dead.In business and in marketing, passions are what make the difference. As a marketer and business owner, it’s my need to tinker, develop, perfect, and strategize that is born more out of passion, then just a need to get the job done. When we lose our passion or choose to do something that we have no passion for, we end up just showing up, going through the weekly routine just to get a paycheck. The result is we deceive ourselves and we give up our opportunity to be extraordinary. We give up the opportunity to live a more meaningful life. Take a minute and think about how amazing life could be if you did everything you do with passion.
Why I’m passionate about Automotive Direct Mail Marketing
- It gets my adrenaline flowing.
- It ignites my imagination.
- I enjoy helping my customers sell more cars.
- I love to sell and know how to connect with car buyers.
- I enjoy rallying my team around new ideas.
- I love the fact that direct mail marketing is measurable. In a world where dealers spend a ton of money on mediums that they “think” worked but have no way to tell for sure, direct mail marketing is a big advantage in that it can be tracked. From the number of ups you got to the number of cars you sold it’s all spelled out nice and clear with direct mail marketing.